PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - U.K. training after 31.12.20
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2020, 23:00
Fl1ingfrog

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Well, although 33 or so organisations are a large number they are not representative of the total who have not applied to EASA ahead of December 31st. You have explained well the likely reasons of the 33 but why not the others. Have Bristol Groundschool applied I can't recognise them on the list? There are not that many of the large flying schools and colleges on the list including those who provide for integrated courses which are normally the choice of airlines. I recognise that the operating name is not the same as a trading name so it could be I've not picked them up.

If EASA were not to recognize UK flight training without an extensive and expensive conversion why should the UK not treat EASA the same. We could have a silly situation: those who have trained for the EASA licences and ratings at a UK EASA approved school would not be able to apply for a job with a UK based airline without first converting to the UK licences. I don't know the answers to all this I'm simply expressing a concern that things could get messy.

Last edited by Fl1ingfrog; 6th Nov 2020 at 08:14.