PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - U.K. training after 31.12.20
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2020, 09:22
jjohn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fl1ingfrog
Are there any countries outside of the EU/EEA that automatically accept EASA licenses could also be asked. But then, this is not a quiz, is it? Each organisation will make up its own mind and for its own reasons of which I'm obviously not aware. I merely expressed my own doubts and concerns and you jjohn have added nothing that could allay my doubts. Perhaps you will.
Overflight is not the issue here. I don't even know why you mention it. The main issue here is training, EASA will not automatically recognize any training from an organization outside the EASA system. Despite the many agreements between the FAA and the EU, you still have to go through a lenghty process when converting from one system to the other. Like in my case when I had to convert my FAA licenses and ratings into EASA. It was more than a simple flight exercise with an examiner and exam paper as you imply, and it was more expensive. So why have your students undertake more training/examinations or fill out more paperwork when they can have the option to do all of their training under EASA from the beginning and save them the bureaucratic trouble? Since you mention Swiss-trained pilots, I don't know if you are aware that Switzerland is a full member of EASA as 3 more non-EU countries like Iceland, Lichenstein and Norway. The UK was given that option, but decided otherwise.