PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cougar.....no more
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2003, 03:23
OneWorld22

Jolly Green Giant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, predictable responses when a few home truths are pointed out. I am just challenging the views of those posters who have obviously descended into comfortable stereotypes and tarred their viewpoints with a very simplistic outlook,

Management = Bad
Aircrew = Good

What a childish way of looking at things. Miss "T" where did I say I don't expect ethics from management? Seeing as you obviously have not read the comments I made, I'll repeat them to you,
FACT: Thare are two sides to every story. Now that might not fit into your comfortable and safe way of looking at the world, but it DOES not make it untrue. Have you been through bankruptcy proceedings? I have seen at close quarters and it is a horrendous experience. The idea that the owners/managers will walk away with a "sackfull of cash" is ludicrous and it is a fact that long after the closure, when pilots are flying for new airlines and have long forgotten about the airline, the owners will still be chased by creditors and lawyers and will still be going through the courts.

I have a foot in both camps, I'm retired a few years, my last job was Captain on the 747-400F, I'm involved with an airline having invested money and taken a postion with them. And after looking at this business close up I can tell you by far the easier option is sitting at FL350 scratching your arse, drinking a coffee and letting the FMC fly the Flight plan. This business is extremly difficult and when times are bad, there comes a point where you can no longer juggle the money to try and fend off creditors. It all comes to a halt.

So Miss T, try and actually read what people write, where did I say I objected to a womans point of view???
I hope you don't conduct your business in the same hysterical manner!