PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Be aware before starting at Pilot Flight “Academy” Sandefjord Norway. Terminated from
Old 31st Oct 2020, 03:57
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now I do have some experience with this "Cowboy outfit"

First one question, what books where they using to study? Where they still using Nordian?

Around 10 ago, I was supposed to start the ATPL distance learning course. What I discovered within 3 -4 weeks of commencing the course, was the Nordian books where really "crap" and not up to standard, specially if you compared to Oxford books and Bristol Ground School Distance learning course.

Then it was the course itself, the "homework" was written in so badly worded English, that it was impossible to understand the meaning of the text, questions or answers. The quality of the course was awful, and after approx 3-4 weeks, and after multiple complaints from my side, I wanted to cancel the course and get a refund, as I did not believe it was of sufficient standards.

They of course refused, kept my money, I believe it was around £5000 that time. I then decided to do it in the UK instead, and I then actually could understand the learning material as it was written in proper English, not some badly worded / broken English, that clearly was written by somebody who was incompetent in the English language.

Generally if a customer complains, I do believe I should have got some money refunded, as I did not complete the course with them, and I quit after relatively short time, due to the fact the schools standards was one of the worst I have ever seen. Shameful and disgraceful behavior I would say by the school, but they don't care as long as they have your money, that's all they care about, not about providing a good product.

So seems nothing has changed in many ways with them. Stealing peoples money again and again.