PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Be aware before starting at Pilot Flight “Academy” Sandefjord Norway. Terminated from
Old 30th Oct 2020, 17:40
GhostRider123123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes its a very high volume, with a lot of small detail and questions that you need to see and understand. Following class theory studies and reading the books only gets you so far, doing questions from the bank is a must. I think I were progressing in most subjects, not perfect score from the start, but improving steadily. Passed POF, M and B, VFR communications first try. Failed IFR coms, but that one I just did not study for, so just doing a day of aviation exam would probably give me a pass.

The ones with the best scores to this point was always just sitting with their nose down in the computer and doing questions in aviation exam. I wanted to be polite and actually follow the course and listening to the teachers, but it was a mistake in my case.

Air law was fairly easy, a lot of small details, but I liked it. No problems with the exam mode in aviation exam and final test which is like a exam.

Metrology was also somewhat interesting, took more time to learn and was a little bit harder. After doing a lot of work in aviation exam, the small things were starting to be memorized.

I liked Rnav when it was about things you will actually use and such, the final school exam was harder though. But it was just about remembering all the small details from the different chapters.

So I had a good chance of at least passing these in the next sitting, gnav I am not sure.

Gnav I got some things opposite in crp5 calculations, charts when it comes to rhumb line and great circle stuff was hard to understand and polar navigation I really never got from the start.

The remaining subjects like AGK is the ones I think would have been the more interesting and fitting my previous knowledge. I like working on things, mechanically, electronics and such.

So yes I am disappointed with the outcome, having some more focused time on gnav and I think I could have finished the ATPL theory part.