PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates DE Captains on Higher Pay
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2003, 16:11
Jim Kirk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You guys get your facts straight. I know this is a "Rumours Forum" but these postings are usually placed with a certain amount of fact, and not just someone trying to air a gripe. Bit sad really.

I've just gone through the selection process and all was handled very professionally. A very busy 5 days indeed! Nice guys all around doing the various parts of the assessment.

All you can do is be yourself and do your best

Made to feel welcome and well informed of everything available from salary, schools, accomodation, benefits etc.

There are no contracts. You are hired on a permanent basis and start at the bottom of the Captain's scale.

I'm sure some F/O's in Emirates are a bit ruffled about this, but these positions have come right out of the blue to cover the 8 A340-300's arriving from Singapore.

These are extra to the "plan" and shouldn't affect any F/O that is in the pipeline for a command.

I have had the similar experience in my company, had to grin and accept it, and it certainly didn't affect my promotion.

The salary might not look great on paper, but the benefits included make up for this. "Rumour" has it that they are due for a nice increase in April, so get applying fellas!