PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Be aware before starting at Pilot Flight “Academy” Sandefjord Norway. Terminated from
Old 30th Oct 2020, 00:38
GhostRider123123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They had some kind of online test, with mathematics, reaction and those kind of tasks. I got average to above average in all tasks. I have also done a paper aptitude test at another school, then I got around average. But I feel the Pilot Flight Academy test was much easier to the other aptitude tests.

I am not sure if I were academically cut for it, but I dont think the atpl theorectial studies would have been such a big problem, if it was more modular and time for home studies. My father is a engineer and my sister is a doctor, so I would think I am pretty average.

They had around 90 new students staring the fall, so they are for sure selling a dream. Its a business, not a school in my opinion. Always posting pictures of the “prettier” students and showing the people who have finished. Following instagram of accounts of students is always interesting, the very few students that actually got a job afterwards, are jobless now.

They for sure like to throw out phrases like “pilot from day one”, “airline ready”, «zero to hero»and pimp you out in uniforms.

I just hope people would think twice before joining a «school» like this, especially in these times. At the moment they should call it «jobless from day one» or something like that.

The students that started this fall, got a schedule with Principle of flight and GNAV 50/50 of 8-16 studies lasting 6week. So many were failing tests, so it would be interesting to know how many that will get terminated. I can really make bank setting up a super hard schedule and terminating them. Whats stopping them?

I can maybe get a PPL when the time is right. Then maybe consider ATPL year into the future, if it still want to go through the process and if the market have changed. When thinking about covid, its not the end of the world to stop now.

I am scheduled for a job interview next week and then maybe I can start a free education in my area sometime next fall. Life goes on. The market will take some time to get back anyways and new pilots will be in the end of the line.

I now live in Norway, which is a fairly high cost country. So working in a industry that is so international, you can probably get paid better for a much easier job. Wizz have just now started to fly here with foreign crews, so salaries will probably go even further down.