PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aegean Airlines Fly for Food
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2020, 23:08
PontiusPilotus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not so sure if this thread and the "cry for awareness" is being placed under ideal circumstances seen the current aviation industry is currently being smacked to the ground due to the covid19 pandemic. With a quick search on the internet and looking at the thousands of forum titles about pilots being made redundant, one should be proud and happy to still have a seat in a flying cockpit. I do realise the salaries at the mentioned company are very low in regards to the remaining airlines in Europe, but none the less it does provide a decent lifestyle in Greece. Not to mention that highly educated academics sometimes earn even less than pilots in this country. If we were talking about previous years, I would suggest to complete your minimum hours in your personal logbook and try look for better opportunities elsewhere, as the experience you gain in Aegean Airlines is certainly in a top ten list in the industry. But with today's negative numbers, hold your horses and enjoy the flying as long as you can. Many pilots are counting the copper coins to come around each week and have no clue when they will ever hold a throttle and side stick in their hands again.