PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying a g-reg aircraft on a French easa licence after transition
Old 29th Oct 2020, 14:23
Edgington

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BackPacker
I'm in sort of the same boat, but the other way around. I have a UK CAA-issued EASA PPL, but I fly PH (Dutch) registered aircraft only.

I've got a few highly specific questions that hopefully someone on here can answer.
1. Does anybody know if "remaining a member of EASA" is currently pursued/negotiated as part of the Brexit negotiations? Or is that option off the table completely?
2. GtE, you switched your UK EASA license to the Irish. Why the Irish? I'm currently thinking about where I can switch my license to, and I'm sort of spoiled for choice. Any other opinions on which *AA is the best/cheapest/most convenient?
3. If I decide to keep my UK issued PPL, then presumably this automatically becomes a UK National license, valid for G-reg only but ICAO compliant. Based on this license I should be able to get a "validation of a foreign license" in EASA-land. Does anybody have a link or something for that procedure? I can't find it anywhere. In fact, I can't even find whether I have to apply for such a validation with EASA, or with the national authorities.
4. Once my license becomes a UK National license, I assume an instructor/examiner with a non-UK-issued EASA license is no longer able to perform revalidations and such, correct? Or is there an easy way for such an instructor/examiner to become validated by the CAA for these purposes?
1. Remaining a member of EASA is off the table DfT said that back in January.
2. IAA is an English speaking that why many choose them, Dutch NAA is good in English as well.
3. Validation would reuire you to resit Air Law & Human Performance Exams, fulfil the requirements for the class rating, do a PPL Skills Test, demonstrate language proficiency, have an ICAO Class 2 Medical and minimum of 100hours.
4. Interesting one, but the CAA have said they would give a general validation for all EASA licence holders and their ratings. That would include examiners as well.