PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar salary reductions and redundancies 😬
Old 28th Oct 2020, 08:26
edi_local

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aside from the fact that there are numerous stories out there about abuse from UK Border Force or USCBP, they simply wouldn't carry out anything like this violation. The closest you would get would be inspections for drug smuggling, but it would not be done at random. There would have to be grounds for suspicion and other factors, such as the women already having drugs in her possession. Even in that situation she would have the right to privacy and legal protection from abuse too. Clearly No such things in Doha.

Surely it would have been better to check CCTV, ask crew and staff to be on the look out for distressed, unwell women who are struggling to walk, as one might expect after giving birth prematurely in an airport bathroom. It's completely unfathomable why the authorities decided to go straight to examining what now appears to be dozens of innocent women in the most intrusive way possible. At the end of the day the woman has now left Qatar and is very unlikely to be found, we don't know the circumstances which led to her leaving a baby in the bathroom bins, but if she thought it was her best option then the alternative must have been truly horrific.

What has happened in Doha is clearly a totally indefensible situation and one which now appears to be growing legs and rightly so. I hope each and every woman involved comes forward and the Qatari government (note I don't necessarily blame QR as I doubt they had much say in it) are made to compensate.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/28/world...hnk/index.html