PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alternatives to C210 or Malibu?
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2020, 17:33
MarcK

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Tinstaafl
I have an acquaintance looking for a single engine plane to buy. His requirements:

#1: His wife, who is ill with cancer, must be able to get in to the copilot seat. She has limited physical ability so overwing doors eg PA32R aren't suitable (they tried). Sometimes she can, other times it seems not. I've suggested a Lance or A36 Bonanza anyway with the idea that she can use the front seat while feeling well, and still easily get in the back when not so able.

So far he's considered C210 & Piper Malibu. Can anyone think of equivalents? Even homebuilts/experimental. I'm having a hard time thinking of anything else.
Cessna Cardinal (177 or 177RG) is the choice of many with limited mobility. Just sit down from a standing position. No climbing required. The RG does an honest 140 Kts, and there is a turbo conversion available. For twins, the Cessna Skymaster (337) has a short air-stair entrance, but the pilot needs to enter first, which means you can't help the passenger. CardinalFlyers .com is the place to get type specific information.