PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar disgrace
Thread: Qatar disgrace
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2020, 12:07
KeyPilot

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Sunfish
Keypilot, you are either a troll or a psychopath. Firstly Qatar is in breach of human rights on the women concerned. You don’t see the problem with that which is bizarre.

You also argue that we must tolerate barbaric behaviour. I think not.

The one thing I agree is that people should be free to not use Qatar airlines. I will go further than that. Remove qatar airlines from Australia permanently. Warn Australians not to travel to qatar. Prevent Qataris from entering Australia. Prohibit all trade with Qatar and encourage others to do likewise.

Barbarism is barbarism. Doha is a ****hole and no loss to anyone.
I am neither a troll nor a pyschopath, nor have I argued that we must tolerate barbaric behaviour, nor indeed any particular behaviour. If you have the contrary view, please can you point me to the relevant post?

I have advocated a position based upon judicious consideration of the facts, and (almost uniquely amongst posters here) have considered that, it seems, a crime has been committed (with a very vulnerable victim), and have sought to consider the rights of law enforcement to investigate that crime. In the UK, by way of reference, abandoning a baby under the age of two is a criminal offence punishable by up to two years' imprisonment, which can be greater if aggravating factors are present (e.g. injury or neglect).

On the other hand, you have simply issued a tirade of ill-judged proposed "solutions" which will never come to pass, and even if they did would (amongst other things) serve only to direct passenger traffic to airlines of the UAE and China, which (per one of my earlier posts) have comparable human rights records to Qatar!