PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar disgrace
Thread: Qatar disgrace
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2020, 08:03
KeyPilot

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Anti Skid On
An investigation carried out without consent is assault, as is any treatment delivered without consent.

As for 'investigating a crime' - big, big difference. If someone is investigating, for example, a rape, the examination will only ever happen with informed consent and for the sole purpose of obtaining evidential information, such as DNA to convict the culprit. Giving birth is not a crime, unless it occurs in a state that views it inappropriate outside marriage. Little can be done to change those laws, but please don't condone the actions of those as legitimate, because in civil societies it isn't.
Again, your assertion does not stand up to the most basic scrutiny. "An investigation carried out without consent is assault" - by this reasoning, a murderer may not properly be investigated without his consent; a suspected drug smuggler may never lawfully be examined if they don't agree; etc. etc. Is that really your position?

And your second point is equally wide of the mark - no-one is suggesting that giving birth is a crime, however abandoning a child most certainly is.

Lastly, I am not condoning the actions of the Qataris, nor I am criticising them. I am consistently calling for more evidence - and (unlike you and most other posters) trying to analyse the situation objectively, and not engage in unseemly Arab-bashing.