PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar disgrace
Thread: Qatar disgrace
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2020, 07:56
KeyPilot

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Chronic Snoozer
Do you have evidence that Qatari families are being kept apart by Australian travel restrictions? How do you conflate that with invasive examinations conducted without informed consent during an unannounced criminal investigation into a child birth whilst on a stopover in Doha?

What was that you were saying about reasoned debate on PPRuNe again?
Re evidence, yes I do. The ban on most inter-state travel in Australia is such that most families with members in multiple states, are being kept apart. It would only require a small number of Qataris living in Australia, for at least one to be spread across states, and hence be kept apart. And there are clearly more than a small number of Qataris living in Australia. Do you have the contrary view?

Also, I am not conflating Australian border closures with the Doha airport incident in their generality; I am considering only the rather narrow question of the proportionality of each, and indeed have invoked the question of the likely Qatari stance towards the proportionality of Australian border closures. It is quite proper and common to consider what B thinks of A, when discussing what A thinks of B. The Qataris may well - and with some reason - find the Australian stance on this to be hypocritical.