PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar disgrace
Thread: Qatar disgrace
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2020, 01:27
Chronic Snoozer

Received 332 Likes on 126 Posts
Originally Posted by KeyPilot
You will see that primarily I have called for more evidence before reaching a conclusion; but also have sought to consider a balance between the rights of the women in question, versus the rights of the local authorities to investigate a potentially serious crime, which has as its victim one of the most vulnerable people one could care to imagine.
"Balance" in a country that sees Sharia law as the underpinning legal mandate? You need to read the audience mate. You are having a laugh.

I have read this article, and I don't find anything therein to be particularly shocking.
Spoken like a bloke.

If there were only 9 female pax on the flight (out of a total of 34 - wow that's a low load factor) and the location of the toilet was such that the person who committed the offence of abandoning the baby almost certainly had to be one of them, then examining them to determine which it was seems reasonable to me.
Or they could just ask "did you just give birth to a child in the toilets". I imagine that is something virtually impossible to hide in an interview.

The fact they did not even tell the women why they were being examined says it all. I guess they considered the 'balance...(of) the rights of the women in question" and decided they had none so it wasn't a consideration.

to diagnose recent childbirth, a visual examination of the external genitalia by a physician should almost certainly be sufficient.
Is that your professional opinion?

Last edited by Chronic Snoozer; 27th Oct 2020 at 01:45.