PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar disgrace
Thread: Qatar disgrace
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2020, 02:55
Wunwing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DD.
I was trying to keep it simple but since you dispute me I'll go into the whole process.
Qantas does not own its International rights, The Australian people do.. Rights are allocated over a set time, typically 5 years by the the International Air Service Commission (IASC) via an open hearing process. They are issued on a use it or lose it basis which is why some may be less than 5 years if they have been not used and been handed back in.

Similarly slots are similarly allocated by a not so transparent system. This is why I cant se how Qantas can start back in International flying without reapplying for each IASC allocation. They should have lost all that they haven't used.

Similarly all international Airlines go through the same process and have to hold an Australian Foreign Air Operators certificate and hold traffic rights allocated by the IASC.

Its my premise then that the Australian Government has not forced Qantas to operate when they could have and that they have left returning citizens to use carriers that they may not have normally used. Therefore the Australian Government has directly contributed to this event.

We can influence foreign Governments by informing them that their bilateral allocations will not be renewed nor will their Foreign AOC. I'm sure that other airlines will more than compensate with extra services

Wunwing