PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar salary reductions and redundancies 😬
Old 23rd Oct 2020, 05:47
Silver68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flyboysg

I share your sentiment. The pandemic is and has been tough for many people. For now, I am just grateful that my mortgage is paid, my family has food and I am still able to make use of the education allowance for my child's education. I have seen many of my colleagues depart Qatar and enter an employment abyss; some who may not see the inside of an aircraft for a few years. If you are still employed just be grateful that you still have a job, I know i am. One only has to look across the water at Emirates to see how they have been decimated in the 380 fleet. As a professional pilot my heart goes out to all the families who have been literally destroyed by this situation. Here in Qatar, many crew have been out of the country for 8 months on 30% pay. How many of us could survive on 30% pay?

In summary, it is tough, but it's tough for everyone based on their personal experience. Whining and bitching about how badly you're being treated does not help anyone. When things calm down, which they will, look for another job where you will be better treated. Posting company letters on here serves no purpose other than to show a lack of professionalism. And no, i am not a company apologist and i don't agree with the way everything has been dealt with, but i will act as professionally as i can whilst being paid by Qatar.