PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Covid Air NZ
Thread: Covid Air NZ
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2020, 20:13
ElZilcho

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by InZed
Interesting theory! It will be interesting to revisit these conversations in five years when they haven’t returned a single furloughed pilot back to work, and the rest of us are blowing 90Hr months.
My deepest sympathies to our redundant colleagues, but yes, as per the CEA and agreed Variations that could happen. When the AFFA expires, if ALPA are not able to negotiate a contractual IP trigger to re-hire then the company will be free to flog us on max IP without recalling anyone.

However...

Correct. And as the rumour continues to grow. Goodbye to those on furlough/redundancy re-hire clauses as she is working to severe all financial liability. I understand from a reasonably reliable sauce that there is potential legal challenge about to front the unions about this.
The Redundant and Furloughed Pilots, as per the CEA, all have 10 year rights to re-employment in order of Seniority before the Company can hire Pilots from anywhere else. The loss of the 60 IP trigger will be a blow to them for sure, as it'll delay their return, but they still retain their seniority based re-employment rights for 10 years. Only 60 IP is tied to the AFFA, so a legal challenge to breach the CEA and cut all ties early just doesn't make sense to me.