PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - L3 Harris, the final shafting
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2020, 15:49
guy_incognito

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by God_of_Fire
I'm not sure when this crisis has passed that anyone will be able to raise a loan to fund one of these training courses. Surely all those caught short by what's just happened must be considering a personal bankruptcy against their debt?
I don't think that an unsecured loan for training has been obtainable for many years now, so as has already been mentioned it's very likely that mummy and daddy are going to be on the hook for the full amount with the family home at stake.

I don't have any issue with the MPL as a concept. I think the training is far more useful for those who intend on airline flying to the exclusion of everything else. It's somewhat anachronistic to expect new pilots who intend never to operate outside a multi-crew environment to spend hours bashing the circuit or doing single pilot nav ex's. The MPL is a good product that does what it's designed for. It's just a shame that in the current circumstances it's a worthless piece of paper, but let's face it: a traditional frozen ATPL would be at the moment too!