PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying a g-reg aircraft on a French easa licence after transition
Old 16th Oct 2020, 10:42
Genghis the Engineer

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by mapleworth

So, are you saying that, in your case, you will not be flying G-reg aircraft with your Irish-issued-PPL, or that you will perhaps only be able to fly G-reg aircraft in Ireland?

Perhaps they will be pretty relaxed about EU-regs based in the UK, but there could be a maintenance problem.
No, I will fly my G-reg aeroplanes on my UK CPL. I'll use my FAA CPL for flying N-reg aeroplanes, and I'll use my (soon to be Irish) EASA CPL should there be reason to fly EU registered aeroplanes.

Yes, maintaining three licences is a bit of a nuisance, but one I'm personally accepting the need for as I work around the world quite a lot. Somehow I doubt that my EASA licence will be current all the time, I'm basically parking it in Ireland and will revalidate the bits I need when I need them, or often enough to avoid having to re-do anything from scratch. Similarly I use my FAA 61.75 PPL/IR, and only bother getting an FAA medical when I need CPL privileges on that standalone licence and mainly just worry about keeping that IR current.

It's how it is.

G