PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying a g-reg aircraft on a French easa licence after transition
Old 15th Oct 2020, 12:11
Fl1ingfrog

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I used the word "approved" it would have been better to use the term 'Licenced'. The very pragmatic FAA allows a non FAA licenced pilot to fly an 'N' aeroplane in a particular country that has issued the pilots licence but only as as far that country sees fit. Just the same many countries may not allow it and some may require formal procedures. If you hold a FAA issued licence being the full licence or the "piggy back" licence as it is commonly known, then you are not restricted by borders and are not required to gain special permissions. I was correct in what I described. The same is true flying a 'G' reg aeroplane if you hold a UK licence. If you will want to operate a 'G' reg aeroplane anywhere than obtain a UK licence, simple in my view.

There is a 2 year period from the 1st January in order to resolve licencing issues and we do not know the outcomes, there is no need to guess, just hold onto your hat.