PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying a g-reg aircraft on a French easa licence after transition
Old 15th Oct 2020, 10:11
mapleworth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BillieBob
What I think you are saying here is not true. The FAA permits a US registered aircraft to be flown by the holder of a non-US licence only in the state that issued that licence. Since the EU is not a state, a French issued EASA licence entitles the holder to fly a US-registered aircraft only in French airspace. If I have misunderstood your statement, I apologise.
Hi Billie, as far as I can see, what you say is absolutely the case. The FAA only permit FAA or DGAC licence holders to fly in France. DGAC licence holders cannot fly an N-reg in the UK for example. If the CAA follow a similar stance about G-reg aircraft, I would ONLY be able to fly my G-reg aircraft in France, but not where I live (in the UK).

This is a pure hypothesis, but scary stuff that a simple statement from the CAA could clear up.

Originally Posted by Fl1ingfrog
Flyingbadge no one can predict what will be after 31st December. Listening to gossip as being fact is very expensive.
That is why it is revolting that we have to play a potentially disastrous guessing game due to a lack of informtion from the CAA.