PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying a g-reg aircraft on a French easa licence after transition
Old 14th Oct 2020, 16:43
mapleworth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fl1ingfrog
Why would the French object to a french pilot flying a foreign registered aeroplane that is ICAO compliant? Anyway, the country of registration decides who is entitled to fly the aeroplane. No other country can change that without good reason. That is an established principle.
Ah, so that is why, for example, an N-reg aircraft can be flown in France by a French pilot, (but that pilot is not allowed to fly that N-reg aircraft outside France). It is because the FAA have decided thus, correct?

On that basis, it would mean that the CAA has the right to limit where a G-reg aircraft can fly and could, for example, like the FAA, say a G-reg aircraft can be flown by a UK licence holder or, in this case, in France if flown by a holder of a French licence. In my case, this would mean I could ONLY fly my plane in France.

Perhaps, in this current situation, the CAA can say that a G-reg aircraft can be flown by any IASA-licence-holder in any IASA country, but I can't find any such statement.