PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 CAT III B
Thread: A320 CAT III B
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2020, 12:48
Bus Driver Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LW20
It seems you have not taken my point. If you touch down, reverser will usually be selected within approximately 1 or 2 seconds. Thereafter a go around is not possible and you have to maintain centerline with your own feet.
So if you are in a position to choose between GA or not, your nosewheel will be still in the air and at 0-75 the only thing you will see is white. To continue in this case only by looking at the yaw bar is unprofessional. If I remember correctly, also the Autoland Light flashes, so a GA is mandatory.
PRO-NOR-SOP-19
AT TOUCHDOWN: The flight crew must select reverse thrust immediately after main landing gear touchdown.

By the time that CM2 noticed that roll-out hasn’t engaged, reverse should have already been selected. And in case of a rollout mode failure, the autoland light shouldn’t come on. The aircraft can still land the aircraft. I assume that includes lowering the nose to complete the landing. If the autoland light flashes, there’s something else going on.

AUTOLAND WARNING
With “LAND” or “FLARE” green on the FMA and at least one AP engaged, the AUTOLAND red light appears on the glareshield when the aircraft is below 200 ft RA and one of the following events occurs:
‐ The autopilots are lost, or
- The aircraft gets too far off the beam (LOC or G/S flash on PFD), or
- Loss of LOC signal above 15 ft, or loss of glide signal above 100 ft (transmitter or receivers), or
‐ The difference between both radio altimeter indications is greater than 15 ft, or
‐ The FMGS detects a long flare.