PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying a g-reg aircraft on a French easa licence after transition
Old 13th Oct 2020, 18:18
mapleworth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying a g-reg aircraft on a French easa licence after transition

Hi All,

I have been getting confusing information about this and I would like opinions as to what might happen.

I have a DGAC-issued IASA PPL and fly a G-reg aircraft based in the UK. This has worked fine for several years but it would appear that, after the 31 December, I might not be allowed to fly my own aeroplane. I am horrified. There would be the option of transferring my French-ussued licence to the CAA, but I do not want to give up my rights in 30 or so countries, in exchange for a licence with limited rights. I have even considered changing to the French register but that would have to be completed before the end of the year -- possible but risky! Also, I might not be able to have it maintained in the UK.if it were registered in France... and many more complications!

To further complicate matters, I am thinking of moving to France next year and my medical and annual/ARC are both due in March.

Any information or bright ideas would be more than welcome!

Cheers

John