PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA Electronic Conspicuity Rebate
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2020, 12:07
mikehallam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you,
At this stage the only self contained kit,free once purchased is adsb out with SE2.
All the rest eg using adsb in, or a rival, requires cobbling different lumps together, finding non 12 volts plus wires and all from different makers. A sort of "bread board" solution. Too messy to desire as well as for me, annual fees for stuff l don't want. VFR chart, compass, watch and eyeball are my modus operandus, plus the superb Airbox AWARE warning screen. All free except for a new electronic Chart as needed.

mike.

Originally Posted by ETOPS
Hello Mike,

I have an RV-6 with the "tip-up" canopy thus there is a rear window. I have mounted the Rosetta vertically on the starboard side so the aerials have a good view. Two wires are involved (power and ADSB feed to transponder) which are neatly secured under the canopy sill and not really in view.

Performance is now excellent - the new software update and the ATOM/Grid combine to show more traffic than before and provide a constant readout of the nearest METAR station QNH. No need for RPS from now on.

The clincher for me is the way Skydemon uses the Rosetta output to produce traffic alerts. It has become second nature to simply look where the call-out suggests with no need to look at the screen. I do keep an iPhone running with just the PAW radar screen showing as a pre-warning of the situation ahead - you can alter the display range easily.

So I am ADSB-out via my Mode S transponder and ADSB-in plus Metars via the Rosetta and I'm free to scan with the Mk1 eyeball as well.......