PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Denied initial Class 1 Medical
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2020, 11:40
AndreasF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Denied initial Class 1 Medical

Hi there,
I'm new to this forum and hope that this thread is not misplaced. I just recently got an answer from the danish aviation authorities saying that they would not approve my initial class 1. The problem is that i have fainted (vasovagal syncope) 3 times. All incidents have occurred after hard exercise. However, all of the episodes have happened with warning, meaning that I got dizzy and I could feel it coming beforehand. The fact that it is vasovagal syncope caused by hard exercise has been proved by a cycle test.
After having read multiple threads on this forum, I see that some have obtained a medical class 1 on their initial assesment - with an OML.
However, the danish authorities has told me that OML is not possible on an inital class 1.

Besides, they have written to me that the medical was not granted beacuse of "uncertain cause" of fainting and that it is recurrent.

In my letter to the authorities I will argue that the episodes have all been happening because of a known physiological reason. Besides I would argue that the episodes have not been recurrent, As it has happened 3 times in 24(!) years!

What would you do in this situation? any help and feedback is appreciated. Have you experienced the same thing?

Thanks!