PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Rosters
Thread: easyJet Rosters
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2003, 02:36
BTB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fish

I can only assume that I am the baker boy of which **** speaks, so I aught to reply really. I will also bear in mind that this an open forum before I make statements and remarks which may damage my company and job prospects throughout the industry.

Easyjet are the second biggest employers of pilots in the UK, have a refreshing mix of nationalities and other minority groups, and is growing at an enormous rate. The company has entered the third phase of its development ie growing up. It has started to employ grown up managers and has aquired a grown up pilots Company council.

In the past the management have steamrollered all over us as a pilot workforce. In the last 2 years due to market circumstances this has been marked. The market has now changed. easyJet needs to recruit and more importantly RETAIN experienced pilots. This is not lost on management.

I have been formally involved with the CC for only 6 months, but have been informally dealing with crew food issues for three and a half years, and was instrumental in getting the last manager removed, in my own time. My job over the last 6 months has been to hold back the steamroller, with no-body supporting me but the PC. Without us we would have no food, water or acceptable hotac. I understand dog is a delicacy in many countries. Watch your rump, eh ****!

This is in the middle of my three days off. I could of course sit on my bum and complain about how crap everyone is but instead I intend to spend another couple of hours eefending my fellow workforce.

Last edited by Jetdriver; 4th Dec 2003 at 08:46.