PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Covid Air NZ
Thread: Covid Air NZ
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2020, 06:22
RubberDogPoop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by DeltaT
Re Foran, it would seem the sarcasm of that post was lost on you, which would explain why you don't understand. People with Austism Spectrum Disorder take things literally btw and you do question the point of a lot of posts and show aggressiveness towards all. Much like some of the other profiles that post on the same threads as you consistantly.

About me? errr no, this entire thread is about Air NZ & covid. The way forums work on the internet is that people post on topics called threads, the idea being threads stay on topic. If they wish to discuss something else off topic then they start another thread (according to you, the moderator). Some people, due to their own personal issues like to disrupt threads (as defined by your own attribution error) on some topics by using multiple profiles, attacking (your interpretation) people (you) and trying to cause thread drift (according to you) by the aforementioned tactics or goading people (you). This negative behaviour becomes tiresome to many (you) except the protaginist who keeps doing it repeatedly not realising they are showing a pattern for all to see.

I hope your kids become people that try to bring about change to stop holes happening in the first place, rather than look at them, shrug and say nothing. An opportunity lost for the future of all if you teach the latter, and apt considering covid.

Its been a brilliant advertisement for future pilots (that's an oxymoron )to see the toxic culture of the company (which company? You know what they say about assumptions...) put on display by those that work for the airline in this thread and their posts elsewhere against pilots that speak out (you haven't). You too can become like them.
And still its about you huh?
The question put to you was: What is your point Delta? Like, actually. When you make one, how do you support that position?
I might be able to take it personally if it were coherent - It's not, and I didn't.
If the idea of "a thread" is to stay on topic, why don't you?

There's not been an ounce of ad hominem from me...
Austism Spectrum Disorder
[QUOTE]So far; one confirmed case of pax to cabin crew transmission ON an aircraft. In the world. Ever.
Last AirNZ crew positive - April. Before the current measures were in place, and before the airline world truely came to a halt.[/QUOTE]
How do you reconcile this?

[QUOTE]Clearly going to the media did cause the company to make changes and seperate crew from international and domestic duties.[/QUOTE]
And yet....still no crew to crew transmission via this modality. Make no mistake, the government forced that change, and they did so purely to be seen to be doing something - so much for the health outcome being priority #1. Evidential rigour anyone?

[QUOTE]On the 6pm News just now, experts, including epidemiologists are confused by aircrew exemptions.
Well I guess with the MOH knowing better, they are guilty of conspiracy claims according to the people on here.[/QUOTE]
Aren't the two groups one and the same? Funny that same epidemiologist decided no social distancing was required on board a short while later....
Incongruous that there's an epidemiologist in charge, in Sweden, and we choose to poo-poo his advice...

All domestic crew and pax now to wear masks
- As a result of Auckland's lockdown, and the differential alert levels.

Pax seated with distancing​​
And then not - as recommended by "an epidemiologist"

Flight Attendant transmission from LA found to be the cause of the Bluff wedding cluster.
Late March, quite how this could be construed as a supportive statement I'm still working on.

My favourite:
IN YOUR FACE
Veeery "professional", and very premature. Did you want to be taken seriously?

Historically some of the rules for everyone else didn't always apply to Air NZ.
As previously asked, an example would be?

[QUOTE]Elzilcho = RubberDogPoop = InZed[/QUOTE]

You can possibly see why I think your overall "point" is muddled...
(and with all due respect to ElZilcho, who seems to be a rationalist like me, you won't ever catch me writing "could of", or "should of" - it'll be "could HAVE", and "should HAVE" - so rest you worried little conspiratorial mind that he and I are one and the same.) No offence Zilch!

I see Foran went out on the media and expressed his view that a vaccine will only be 50% effective and take years to distribute.
How dare he go out against the status quo and think for himself based on the survey of 10000 Americans.
My god thats a conspiracy in the making right there with him thinking he knows better than anyone else.
Quick he must be subjigated by his pilot workforce, and have a psychological assessment too.
The world is going to end because of this one person, oh no!
This is making your point do ya think? Supporting statement ya reckon?

[QUOTE]Meanwhile, UK airlines Easyjet and Ryanair for the sake of everyone ARE making masks compulsory and no longer providing food service. However Air NZ are now introducing back drinks and snacks while face masks are mandatory...(errr doesn't that mean they all take their masks off when eating and drinking at the same time of food service?!)
Masks then stop being mandatory under level 1 outside to/from Auckland.[/QUOTE]
I imagine the resurgence in Europe and the dearth of cases in NZ have something to do with the disparity...
Why have draconian measures when there is no community transmission? (thats a relative statement - sadly i imagine that needs to be pointed out).
Agree however, that masks should be worn as per my union's long-held belief, and that of IATA - in order to get the industry going again.

Trying for thread drift too now? Why would you post that in a Covid related thread? bahaha nice try.
Why would you point that out? Do you wish to imply that you had "slam-dunked" the debate with overwhelming supporting evidence, and that someone was trying to take away your glory? Or do you think maybe he wasn't interested in you at all, and saw an opportunity to ask a question in a thread clearly "inhabited" by company players, perhaps with the inside word?

show aggressiveness towards all
To all? Or did you mean just you? Or did you mean towards your position? After all, I haven't lightheartedly used the Autism spectrum as a crutch for my argument - if I was a ME-llennial, I'd take offence on behalf of some minority group....

I hope your kids become people that try to bring about change to stop holes happening in the first place, rather than look at them, shrug and say nothing
You needn't worry about my kids, they're well briefed that googling the top two hits on a page doesn't constitute "research", that their self-worth is not defined by "likes", or "retweets", and that you probably aren't that super-woke, edgy, deep thinker that you think you are. Dunning-Krueger isn't some random "couple" in my house, its a way of life.
The "holes" are/were clearly at MIQ - interacting on 12 hour shifts with the very population that is bring the virus to our shores - returning New Zealanders. No testing (at the time), and still no isolation post shift - ergo, they have been the vector, and demonstrably crew have not. The crew "hole" has been seen to be "looked at" for political gain, when shall we look at the real "hole"?

Read through that jumble and tell me that whatever point you're trying to make is clear. Then ask yourself whether you're the subject of self-harm inducing, personal attacks, or whether your argument/position is being challenged.
I think you're saying we all should wear masks on board (I agree), quite how the "evil, deep-state, legislation controlling, AirNZ has any part in this FNose?! Don't go all Andrew Wakefield on us....

ps: I can't be ar$ed fixing the quote thing up