PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Expenses after License (ATPL)
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2020, 20:58
planesandthings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have a look at what L3 just told their cadets today, all over social media and PPRUNE, a £60k extra bill now (£175,000 total training cost) to finish their training and stay valid during COVID19 as the airlines have pulled out.

This isn't an opinion this is the fact, Be prepared to suddenly need a lot of money, the red flags are there. Even if you get a job, no airline is financially secure anymore, Airbus's CEO has said the company is at risk and EasyJet's boss said the entire industry is at risk of collapse.

I wish this all was my opinion, but with my pilot training friends considering bankruptcy I can provide you with the constructive comment of make sure you have another £40k after you finish training available in this climate, if you can't do that you might end up losing more money than you would if you just cut your losses now. If the industry recovers in 5 years time (average glass half full estimate), there will be people starting training in two years time who will graduate in 2025 and be more current than you and may overtake you as the jobs finally become available (godknows what T&Cs). Regardless you'll need to keep your skill up and this costs a good few thousand a year extra, per year.

If you believe this is just an opinion or exaggeration please get in touch and I am sure I can put you in touch with those who are ahead of you in financial ruin who didn't know 12 months ago that this would happen, they won't lie to you about how much they are having to spend to stay afloat or the house they live in is now at risk of repossession, that isn't an opinion, that is fact.

This is the worst crisis in aviation history and all of us are telling you to look at the reality. You are being given the facts. In any interview in the future, be prepared to answer "Why did you start training during the COVID19 pandemic".

Honestly, Good luck.