PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Covid Air NZ
Thread: Covid Air NZ
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2020, 09:14
DeltaT

Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts
I read the articles, including the Sydney Morning Herald, and didn’t see him say “50% effective” - without looking it up again to reference, I believe he referred to its effectiveness that ‘not everyone will take it and it won’t be 100% effective’.
Correct.
Article : "Foran told the Sydney Morning Herald that after a successful vaccine is found, it will only, perhaps, be 50 per cent effective and take years to distribute around the world.".
Foran quote: ""In America... they've recently done a survey over there and only half the people said they'll take the vaccine," he says. "And then, of course, we have reinfection rates."

Ollie, are you trying to tell people something sensible? You are on thin ice, watch out for the backlash, the insults, gas lighting, and that you are inciting a conspiracy accusations.

Meanwhile, UK airlines Easyjet and Ryanair for the sake of everyone ARE making masks compulsory and no longer providing food service. However Air NZ are now introducing back drinks and snacks while face masks are mandatory...(errr doesn't that mean they all take their masks off when eating and drinking at the same time of food service?!)
Masks then stop being mandatory under level 1 outside to/from Auckland.
...IATA press release 66 / 24 Aug 20: "
Wearing face coverings is a key recommendation of the International Civil Aviation Organization’s (ICAO) guidance for safe operations during the pandemic, as developed jointly with the World Health Organization and governments." I guess nz govt wasn't part of that.

Last edited by DeltaT; 22nd Sep 2020 at 22:19.