PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Covid Air NZ
Thread: Covid Air NZ
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2020, 18:11
InZed

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DeltaT
I see Foran went out on the media and expressed his view that a vaccine will only be 50% effective and take years to distribute.
How dare he go out against the status quo and think for himself based on the survey of 10000 Americans.
My god thats a conspiracy in the making right there with him thinking he knows better than anyone else.
Quick he must be subjigated by his pilot workforce, and have a psychological assessment too.
The world is going to end because of this one person, oh no!
I read the articles, including the Sydney Morning Herald, and didn’t see him say “50% effective” - without looking it up again to reference, I believe he referred to its effectiveness that ‘not everyone will take it and it won’t be 100% effective’.

I personally think there’s room for SOME relaxation. It will have to happen eventually. He’s got money in the game so of course he is going to have certain opinions. But relaxing borders to low risk countries (Taiwan, South Korea etc) and reduce their quarantine to one week on arrival (or arrival back into NZ if you’re going on holiday) is manageable. Compulsory mask coverings etc. will remain, but we all seem pretty used to wearing those nowadays. At least in Auckland.

It COULD work to specific countries with specific rules.