PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways
Thread: British Airways
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2020, 11:59
JSCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Robin757
I see BA are getting criticised on the BBC news website for giving people vouchers when they expressly asked for a refund when going on line. As a former IT ticketing and reservations project manager when will these companies learn if people start shouting that something is not working properly then it damn well isn’t working properly and there is a software fault. Clearly this fault must be complex and occasional which is why it was never discovered during the functionality testing stage.
The post office is a classic example of this having taken to court postmasters who they said were engaged in fraud when it was their accountancy system was wrong.
BA by digging in and denying anything is wrong has the ultimate effect of putting people off booking anything (me included who wants to go to Zurich next year). How the hell will the aviation industry recover when the airlines behave like this?
I hope somebody from BA reads this and sorts this out including giving back these poor people their money. I might book my flight for next year then.
Having recently tried to cancel some reward flights, the only option given to me was a voucher. No option for cash refund.