PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFPS15 - government decision.
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2020, 22:31
Jambo Jet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SirToppamHat
What appears to be about to be offered will potentially prevent me getting to the top of the AFPS 75 scale, but I will at least have the potential to earn on the new scheme to age 60. The difference being that I presume the 15 scheme will not pay out until I am 67(?). There is risk attached to this of course, and it is one I would rather not take thank you.
e.
Im in a very similar boat, however if you stay in until your 60th birthday I think you will find that AFPS 15 becomes payable at 60; if you left the day before then you're right, the 15 portion will be paid at SPA. The risk is obviously being healthy enough to serve from 55 - 60 and not being discharged early or being removed from PAS on health grounds and into some other role!

What is still to be decided though is whether we need to decide shortly after 1 April 22 which pension scheme we wish 1 April 15 - 1 April 22 service to be counted as, or will we be given that option when we eventually claim our pensions. I fully expect Veterans UK will give you an illustration of both schemes for you to decide which is best for you. I think that is what the consultation period will iron out !

Interesting times

Last edited by Jambo Jet; 19th Sep 2020 at 22:52. Reason: Added a bit