PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unions For Aircraft Engineers.
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2020, 18:23
ivor toolbox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Krystal n chips

Ah, the infamous negative marking. ! I am intrigued however as to why, with your background, you didn't get a dispensation for " the vote for Joe " questions. There was mandatory Air Leg, four written and for me 60 of the latter. However, I'm also aware people of similar experience didn't get the dispensation for reasons that were never really made clear to them
Likewise for me, ex RAF rigger, 8 essays (4 trade, 4 legislation) plus the infamous multi choice . I was given to believe at the time that it depended on what you had spent part of the last 2 years of your service working on, whether you qualified for the reduced multi choice, you had to have worked on live aircraft, and preferably one with a civil equivalent.

I was lucky, was able to take a part time work experience job with a locally based operator, working on G reg aeroplanes (their chief engineer was one of my neighbours)

After the written exams there was the wait for the letter....either telling you that you had failed...or inviting you to apply for the oral board. 4 or 5 hours in an office at Gatwick, the final question I had was " what does an engineer do when he first receives his new licence" ; which I answered, but my brain was too addled by this time to work out it was a way of letting me know I'd done OK.

Ttfn