PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA PPL (and NPPL?) License Application Query...
Old 18th Sep 2020, 01:13
thelowflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EASA PPL (and NPPL?) License Application Query...

Hi all,

I've completed my EASA PPL training and in the process of applying online to the CAA for my license issue. One of the options in the application page is confusing me however, as it asks the following:

"Do you have a UK National type rating for which you need a UK PPLA National aeroplane licence in addition to this EASA licence (additional fee applies)?"

I've tried to find out more about what this actually is offering me, and from what little (confusing) info I have found, it is essentially offering the option of a national license IN ADDITION to the PPL that would cover non-EASA aircraft that require a type rating. Can anyone confirm this?

I'm also unsure as to whether I really need it, or even if I dont need it right now is it worth being issued in a "better to have and not need" way incase I fly an aircraft type that needs it down the line?

Apologies if this seems like a stupid question but the licensing rules really do seem quite confusing.

Thanks!