PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudi’s dirty game against its pilots
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2020, 18:49
Bahonkadonks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank You Saudia

Expat first officer here, hired during the 2015 hiring boom. The training was hard but fair. The housing situation wasn’t perfect but Saudia always made sure that we were comfortable. Once released my salary was always higher than I expected.

The move to Riyadh was messy but the housing in Riyadh was great. Saudia always treated me fairly to the last day. On the last day I was given every cent owed to me and was told that I could stay in the house as long as I needed to make it home safely.

As an expat I didn’t force Saudia to hire me. I didn’t take anyone’s job, Saudis hired me and Saudis decided not to renew my contract. Don’t blame the foreigners for taking your jobs.

For the expats complaining, Saudia honored our contracts. The Captains were under no obligation to take UPL, they could’ve taken their two month notice and left (like some did). If anything the UPL was a blessing, Saudia could have easily given everyone two month notice.

Working with Saudia wasn’t perfect but nothing is. I have hung up my wings and have joined the family business but I will remember Saudia with many happy memories. I’m embarrassed to see all the hate in here coming from both sides. I’m sure I’ve flown with many of you guys and it’s sad that you need anonymity to show your true colors.