PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation journalist
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2020, 23:07
MelbourneFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blueskymine
We need another Ben Sandilands. Unfortunately the best we have is ‘the expert’ or the ex airline pilot.
Ben was a classic the sort of journo they had in the old days, although to be honest I got tired of his constant anti-QF anti-Joyce rants on Crikey's PlaneTalking blog. Steve Creedy when he was aviation editor at The Australian was great, although of course the mainstream media can't go off on a rant like a blogger can. Australian Aviation long ago lost the plot and for 'news' has become pretty useless. Patrick Hatch at The Age is decent although still has to write for a bit of a mainstream audience. The local sources I find which are great for news and who I follow on Twitter are Jamie Freed from Reuters at https://twitter.com/Jamie_Freed, Executive Traveller is on top of a lot of news although its not always 'aviation' as such, and, well, there's not really anybody else who's not behind a paywall these days but from what I've seen those paywall outlets are not worth subscribing to just for aviation news.