PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HOLD ON TO YOUR UNDERPANTS !!
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2020, 23:36
veritas777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LLLQNH
A lot of the largest airlines in the world have followed the principal of LIFO! American, United, Air Canada, Delta and Air NZ to name just a few.
You've named all North American airlines bar one, where the unions have actual power and follow through. You won't see pilots on 5+ different contracts flying the same airplane at any of those, for a start.

Meanwhile take a look at Virgin Atlantic that just turfed all 747 pilots with any consideration for LIFO. I'll be willing to bet which one we're more similar to.

and the fact the lions share of the industry has followed the LIFO principal as that's what was in their contracts as is in ours, I would be willing to wager a guess that we will also follow the LIFO principal!
And I would wager that you are wrong for the reasons listed above, primarily being that we are not a North American carrier with North American contract and union representation.

And as cxorcist very astutely points out, CX is in survival mode. Keeping a Cat D'ed 777 FO on full ARAPA and spending hundreds of thousands in conversion costs to the A350 or 747, when a DEFO on COS18 could do the same (or I'd bet, better) job, wouldn't be a very financially smart move wouldn't it now. Again, being careful what one wishes for might be a smart move.