PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar crewing.. Honest questions
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2003, 18:14
Chocks Away

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here here, Well said ITCZ ! (sorry, his post seems to have gone)

Le Pilot :"We also had a few discussions with the AFAP but to align with them was to give us no say within the QF group." ...certainly, to align yourselves with your cousin Regionals and gain strength in numbers was out of the question! ... the fact that most didn't pass the QF Entry Level Testing or failed the Sim rides has nothing to do with it either .

BCD:"The question I'm keen to ask is why did Impulse offer to fly these aircraft for lower rates ($120,000 I believe) compared with Virgin Blue who pay their Captains $150,000+ !!!

BCD that is confirmed. $120,000 for the Nopulse Capts and $110,000 for the Direct Entry Capts they admit are req'd due to inexperience levels... oh and the direct entrys' go to the bottom of the list after their 2 year "help out", to let the NoPulse Commands happen. But wait, there's more...

Cunninglinguist :"...be another nail in the coffin of pilots wages and conditions in Oz"
You're damn right there, sunshine! This has made me
ck'n sick to the stomack. Selling themselves, their colleagues and the future of the Industry out, on flying a bigger type. your mates then (those you have left), for lowering the benchmark so much.