PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Worldwide Redundant Pilots-Smile Please
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2020, 10:01
six-sixty

Location: European Administrative Area (Western District and Islands)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NoelEvans
I probably should not post on here as I am not a redundant pilot and due to several very fortunate circumstances face no chance of becoming one (again!). However, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the positive comments on here. Thanks, keep it positive and good luck!
Hi Noel, we work for the same operator but I'm wondering if your very fortunate circumstances might (at least partly) be same ones which are attracting the red light beam to my forehead! After a 30y career (15 in aviation) where apart from a 3 week stint of redundancy when I was 22, I've managed to dodge the axe more times than I can mention, but looks like my luck has finally run out. Though I love flying, it's not part of my identity and I'm certainly not in love every aspect of the lifestyle. My family are being regularly briefed using my best sales skills for a potentially "soul enriching" change of circumstances. Being cast out the wrong side of 50 into the jaws of what I think history will show as a lost decade, with a non-transferrable skillset and previous career experience perished through time, is affecting my sleep a little. My comfort blanket is embracing the belief everything happens for a reason.

Best of luck to everyone. It's been quite cathartic writing this - thanks OP!