PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-7
Thread: Birmingham-7
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2020, 17:03
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update

[QUOTE=BHX5DME;10870022]BHX down 90%

Some green shoots at least on the last day of month.

Loganair Inverness started today on the ER3 but move to the ER4 or that is the plan and will be 5 a week in general. Aberdeen going 6 a week from 14 September and the AT72 showing Friday and Sunday

Blue Island Jersey started today 4 a week

KLM increased to 4 daily which I didn't see coming but not sure when that changes as I was convinced it was showing 3 on Saturday

Lufthansa - Cityline finish on the Frankfurt with the Airbus coming back with the Tuesday night-stop cancelled but back to double daily at the weekend. Munich continues at 6 a week

Eurowings - Double daily in the week in general from tomorrow

Emirates - Back tomorrow 4 a week with the 77W

Ryanair - I will include this in the positive news despite the reduction in flights but BHX can't complain as it is still a significant schedule just planned cuts to IBZ, ACE & DUB with extra odd frequency cuts on ALC, BCN & PMI

SAS - Still bookable from the 14th 3-4 a week

Jet2 - Covered on other threads but the Balerics have gone for summer, Pula gone and Budapest delayed before Hungary announced they were closing their borders. Spanish mainland and Canaries now delayed until at least the week commencing 13 September. On the positive side there have regular additions - Faro 7 to 11 a week. Heraklion 3 - 5 a week, Dalaman is now 7 a week and Antalya 6. Rome and Krakow have restarted but Prague is the end of September (possibly), Lisbon, Venice and Barcelona now late October

TUI - Faro restarted yesterday and the Thursday flight has been reinstated as well from this week. Enfidha due to start Friday has been removed for summer and winter I believe. Egypt has moved back to mid-month with Hurghada x 2 and 1 x Sharm. Paphos and Larnaca are due to start the weekend. It appears the extra Monday Corfu and Antalya might end today. All Spanish seems to be bookable still from mid-month

The not so good

easyjet - Glasgow varies between 4 a week to 6 week during September down from 2 daily at times, Edinburgh between 7 or 8 a week again down from double daily on certain days. Belfast to 10 a week from 13 and packed virtually every flight.

Aer Lingus - Taking advantage of the easyjet Belfast reduction - oh no and they have cut the new BHX frequencies before it starts with Tuesday and Wednesday in September just daily - I assume poor forward bookings? Now 3 a day Monday and Friday, 2 a day Thursday and Sunday and one daily the rest but probably sensible in such times. Dublin delayed until late September which is not a surprise andh Cork and Shannon remaining winter..

Air France - All over the place - 2 HOP today but none tomorrow with Air France seemingly be back on Saturday on the A319 but most flights are still HOP. One change for the winter is the bringing forward of the night-stop aircraft from summer but not an extra frequency just a replacement.

Brussels Airlines - Delayed until the end of the month

Swiss - just 5 a week from winter

Al subject to change but overall pretty good considering

Pete

Last edited by OltonPete; 31st Aug 2020 at 17:09. Reason: added info