PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Worldwide Redundant Pilots-Smile Please
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2020, 18:31
Meester proach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MonarchOrBust
Good grief guy. You need to take a very chilled pill. Who on earth is going to spend €70-100k to qualify for a position that is capped at that kind of money? As a Southerner, you need to earn 50k just to make ends meet and run a 3 bed house.

There's a little thing called supply vs demand and right now it's working in the favour of the slave masters, it won't be for long.

Are you referring to me ? I’m very chilled, thank you for Asking , but I’ve been in aviation a long time and am slightly cynical .

I’m not sure what your point is - people have paid that sort of money to train and ended up RHS Flybe dash8 for £30k ? Trust me , they’ll still be those who can find 100k , just so they can get a selfie with stripes on instragram.

Supply has ALWAYS exceeded demand in piloting. The only time I can think of it didn’t was about 1987 ( when a chimpanzee could have got an FO slot ) and in a few recent years - but that boils down to right experience , right type rating , etc.

If you hadn’t noticed even the airlines with great cash reserves are making a land grab for TCs off their crews - and you can bet they won’t be quick to reinstate them after all this unless it’s written legally and binding.