PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK issued EASA licence after 31st Dec 2020
Old 29th Aug 2020, 11:13
Magpie32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In light of what I found out yesterday (28/09) from Austro does anyone know the current situation at IAA?

I phoned them but could only speak to reception as all personnel licencing department are working from home.

I know they state 04/09 on their website but they must surely be inundated with applications too which may mean at this stage there can be no guarantees either.

Working from home must only increase receipt time if someone is only going in every now and then to pick up the mail.

I am waiting on them phoning me back to clarify all this and maybe they will say there is an email address to submit the application to etc.

In the meantime I am exploring other, quieter EASA states to transfer to.

Note: For those who think I should have thought about this earlier and not left it to the last minute please bear in mind I was due to complete flight training back in Feb. Even after restart in the summer I had my paperwork at the CAA on 23/07 leaving plenty time to get the licence through and transfer. But as of today (29/08) I still have notreceived anything back from them which makes it close to the wire!

EDIT: Just received my licence however my SEP date is incorrect (they only gave me a 1 year rating - I thought it was 2?) and they changed my IR date which was already on my licence before CPL application!!!!
So it makes transferring to IAA irrelevant for me as it will be another few weeks for the CAA to correct.

Last edited by Magpie32; 29th Aug 2020 at 12:44.