PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Rosters
Thread: easyJet Rosters
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2003, 03:51
FlapsOne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Ron

I can answer your point - without fear of a personal attack I'm sure!

The difference is talking with the mandate of such a large %age of the pilots gives considerable industrial leverage.

Please, just talk to any member of Virgin and see what a difference increased membership numbers made to their case - it was astonishing.

Staunch non-members have been bandying around varying figures of membership and resignation numbers (both from Balpa and the company). Many of these figures are way off the mark but make a good headline.

Of course no-one's going to strike over crew water - or even threaten to. We didn't need to. We just went in, made the case, righted the wrong - and left.

Without Balpa - water would be gone - fact. It's a simple issue but shows that things can be done. Bigger issues are being addressed, as they are in every company. With strength in numbers the task is easier and achievable.

It just stumps me why some people refuse to join in until the 'deal is done' rather than join and make the job simpler for all.

We are all after the same thing. There are no (not one, zilch, zero) private agendas (as some people seem to suggest ad nauseam).

Nobody is signing anyone's rights to anything away. People, not involved in any meetings, are parading as experts knowing all about everything.

We have been accused of dancing to RW's tune. I haven't heard that tune and I've attended every meeting. What is the tune we are supposed to love so much?

FTL discussions have been going on - public knowledege. We have heard NOTHING even tempting ergo NO AGREEMENT. If we are dancing to the tune surely we would have said 'yes' straight away and made life a damn sight easier for us (the CC) all!

Last edited by FlapsOne; 2nd Dec 2003 at 16:06.