PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Worldwide Redundant Pilots-Smile Please
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2020, 22:17
PilotLZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Depends on some semi-predictable factors like how long vaccination will take, how bound to border reopening it is going to be, how many people will be confident in taking the vaccine right away after it comes out, the recovery of economic branches where potential travellers are employed etc. Many people are willing to travel even now. The desire to explore, meet friends and relatives abroad, go on holidays and so on hasn't gone anywhere. So, I'm also in the more-or-less optimistic lot who don't think that severely reduced traffic will last forever. As a pure speculation, I think that with the current state of affairs we're looking to a somewhat better 2021, an almost-normal 2022 and life as we knew it in 2023. With a lead time for recruitment of 4-6 months and the gradual nature of the process, I would say that mid-to-late 2021 might be the beginning of some more or less significant recruitment. That's not to say that no openings will be available by then. There are some even now, but mostly in business aviation and not quite well-known carriers who only take a handful of people and often through connections and referral.