PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Worldwide Redundant Pilots-Smile Please
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2020, 22:04
Lucifer786

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’m personally going to run out of currency very soon. Say a couple of months. NOT looking forward neither expecting my previous employer to take me back. Like Nickler very correctly said earlier, had wayy too much of the pit.
What are my options now ? I’m guessing loads of us are gonna be running out of recency. And after the local regulators grace validity extension period runs out, I’m guessing most agencies and airlines are going to have to accept this lack of recency as a norm rather than otherwise and then tweak their recruitment processes and/or their initial training accordingly. I don’t see that as much of an issue so far.
What I’m certain of however is that even a scent of a vaccine or a cure is going to be a real game changer. Especially for aviation !!
Lets say a vaccine is hypothetically out and patented by someone by say 1st September. How long do you think it would be before the normal legacy carriers begin recruitment drives again. Given the current situation. Just hypothetically.
I mean, finding a vaccine is inevitable. People will start to travel again and this time given the added insurance of a known cure/vaccine, their travels are gonna be more frequent and HUNGRY ! That’s going to need high frequencies between cities and obviously more flights and therefore more pilots.
All this, I feel is going to be very sudden and airlines will be left none the wiser and extremely poorly equipped if they keep letting go of their most vital resource. The Pilot.

Last edited by Lucifer786; 27th Aug 2020 at 22:14.