PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Worldwide Redundant Pilots-Smile Please
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2020, 13:13
Lucifer786

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Worldwide Redundant Pilots-Smile Please

Dear colleagues,
I am well aware that this topic may have been extensively discussed, albeit in hushed whispers or individually in open forums on social media platforms.
Firmly of the belief that in numbers there is strength and in discussion there is knowledge and solace, I am specifically attempting to relieve some of the pain of seperations or redundancy that most professional pilots across the board of seniority today are having to endure.
This thread is started SPECIFICALLY for those very pilots to openly discuss anything and everything with their professional colleagues across borders and nationalities with regards to coping with redundancies, future job prospects, airlines hiring worldwide and other vocational options for a super highly skilled professional such as a 25K hour airline pilot or a 250 hour abinito rookie.
Please feel free to discuss your present condition, future employment prospects or other vocationally linked topics shamelessly or with due etiquette. Keeping in mind the company you’re keeping and the decorum of the forum.

As for me, this is my fifth month without having seen the inside of a cockpit after spending three and a half decades doing what I love most ie airline flying. I was very rudely laid off on my days off via a short impersonal email from a legacy carrier that I had been loyal to for many years. Not a smile nor a tear. Simply ‘informed’ of my notice period for termination and asked to contact seperations department after completion of the same. Almost made me feel like I had suddenly developed a highly contagious disease like the very virus that was the root cause of this irony. Made me very suddenly feel like a diseased untouchable!
And now, after almost 5 months of the email, I am almost beginning to believe that I may in fact be what I simply believed earlier … 😪
With at least a decade with of flying still in me, uplifting thoughts of a brighter future always welcome … 🥺