PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Minimum solo for CPL?
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2020, 10:02
The Terminator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Minimum solo for CPL?

So having a look through part-FCL and it seems what I have heard from some integrated CPL/IR pilots is true. They only have 15 hours solo time, for purposes of clarity I will call real solo, and all the rest of the PIC time is made up of SPIC? This to me sounds shockingly low amount of real solo.

Appendix 3

FLYING TRAINING
9. The flying training, not including type rating training, shall comprise a total of at least 195 hours,
including all progress tests, of which up to 55 hours for the entire course may be instrument
ground time. Within the total of 195 hours, applicants shall complete at least:
(a) 95 hours of dual instruction, of which up to 55 hours may be instrument ground time;
(b) 70 hours as PIC, of which up to 55 hours may be SPIC. The instrument flight time as SPIC
shall only be counted as PIC flight time up to a maximum of 20 hours;
(c) 50 hours of cross-country flight as PIC, including one VFR cross-country flight of at least
540 km (300 NM), in the course of which full-stop landings at two aerodromes different
from the aerodrome of departure shall be made; and

I have heard even the QCC is flown SPIC

So in effect, A student from an integrated course can take passengers into the air in a commercial capacity having 1 hour less real solo time than a LAPL needs to take passengers in a non commercial capacity?