PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AW139 Crash in Bahamas - 7 Killed
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2020, 02:27
Twist & Shout

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Arcal76
I don't know how we got the entire VCR transcript, it is not a normal procedure????
You just read the first leg and understand they should have never been there. And the guy on the left seat who was giving advises during the first leg totally disappear during the most important take-off procedure ????
Why, flying above water at night, anybody would start a descent from 2000 ft 25 NM out???? many guys crashed doing that....
There is a big problem with the fact that an owner buy an aircraft, hire somebody to fly it, but has no clue what this guy is really able to do. We see so many accident like that, there is serious training/knowledge problem.
How an owner is able to trust his pilot anymore?
I’m not very familiar with pvte/corporate flying, but this is a great question.If someone was in the position to own and operate an AW139 for personal use, how would they ensure their pilots were up to the task?
The EMS and OS roles I’ve flown in require regular assessments (often in the SIM). For example every OS pilot conducts night deck TO’s with one engine failing on rotation. If they can’t conduct it safely and professionally as both PF and PM, they wouldn’t be going back to work. The pilots that failed to do the job even remotely safely or proficiently were, I assume, appropriately licensed, experienced, and current.
What could the owner have done to discover or rectify their total lack of proficiency?